ISU Women's Volleyball
Bengal Volleyball Hosts Gonzaga and Utah Valley This Weekend
POCATELLO, Idaho – Idaho State volleyball will be hosting their own three-team tournament this weekend. On Thursday, September 7th the Bengals will face off against the Utah Valley Wolverines at 6 p.m., followed by the Wolverines playing the Gonzaga Bulldogs on Friday at 5 p.m., and finished off with the Bengals playing the Bulldogs on Saturday at 1 p.m.
How to Follow
ISU vs Utah Valley | Thursday, Sep. 7 | 6:00 PM
Utah Valley vs Gonzaga | Friday, Sep. 8 | 5:00 PM
ISU vs Gonzaga | Saturday, Sep. 9 | 1:00 PM
Quick Scout – Utah Valley
- The Wolverines are 1-5 this season with their lone win coming against the Utah Utes
- The Wolverines top scorers are #5 sophomore OH, Avery Shewell, and #2 senior OH, Tori Ellis. Shewell leads the team with 81 kills and Ellis has 60
- Utah Valley's top setters, #4 Abbie Medeiros and #11 Evalyn Chism, lead the team with 115 and 104 assists on the season
- Wolverines' freshman defensive specialist, Lani Matavao, leads the team with 96 digs
- Utah Valley's senior middle blocker, Caleigh Vagana, leads the team with 32 blocks this season
Quick Scout – Gonzaga
- The Bulldogs are 2-4 this season with wins against Idaho and Purdue Fort Wayne
- Gonzaga's top scorers are #9 Autumn Larson, #7 Juliette Russell, and #3 Zoe Thiros. Larson leads the team with 55 kills, while Russell and Thiros are right behind her with 53 and 47 kills.
- Gonzaga's top setter, freshman Nia Damuni, leads the team with 191 assists this season
- Bulldogs' graduate student defensive specialist, Victoriya Ivanova, leads the team with 87 digs
- Gonzaga's sophomore middle blocker, Fallon Thompson, leads the team with 20 blocks this season
Following their Idaho State tournament, the Bengals will be going on a three-game road trip before begging league play. The Bengals' first stop is Denver for a match with the University of Denver on September 14th, followed by a trip to Laramie, Wyoming where they take part in a 3-team tournament with the University of Wyoming and Tennessee Tech on the 15th and 16th.
Follow the Bengals