Completed Renovations on display at Holt Arena September 16th, as Idaho State University Football hosts University of Northern Iowa
Renovations at the iconic Holt Arena have been ongoing for two years. Now, as the project reaches completion, ISU Director of Athletics Pauline Thiros invites the community to enjoy the updated facilities this Saturday, September 16th, as ISU hosts Northern Iowa for the first home game of the football season.
KISU's Jamon Anderson speaks with AD Pauline Thiros about the recent Holt renovations. Updates include:
- ISU branded new seating throughout the entire venue that complies with ADA standards
- Premium seating with the ICCU President’s Deck
- Student-athlete meeting room and lounge
- Translucent glass above the President’s Deck
- White liner on the inside of the repaired roof
- Renovated press box on the south end of the arena will now bear the name of long-time Idaho State University Sports Information Director, Glenn Alford.
In the late sixties, Alford worked tirelessly to help the construction of the ASISU MiniDome, later renamed Holt Arena, the first indoor collegiate stadium in the United States.
The formal unveiling of the Glenn Alford Press Box will take place on Saturday, October 14, at 1:00 PM.
The first home football game is next Saturday, September 16th, but their is an opportunity to view the updates this Thursday, September 14, at 4:00 PM inside the Bennion Room, as ISU hosts a Q&A session.