The CARES Act passed in 2020 included several charitable tax provisions to encourage giving. Congress has extended these provisions for 2021 including:
- A deduction for charitable donors who do not itemize when filing their tax returns. If you do not itemize but make a cash gift to charity, you will be allowed to take a special tax deduction, up to $300 ($600 for joint filers), to reduce your tax liability.
- An increase in the deduction limit up to 100% of a donor's annual income for cash gifts (previously the deduction was capped at 60% of annual income). If you make a gift you will be able to deduct more this year.
Idaho residents, take advantage of the Idaho Education Tax Credit
Donations to Idaho State University Foundation also remain eligible for the Idaho tax credit for donations to educational entities. The credit amounts are:
- Idaho individuals - credit up to 50% of a gift of $1,000 (a maximum tax credit of $500)
- Idaho married couples - credit up to 50% of a gift of $2,000 (a maximum tax credit of $1,000)
Many area employers match the donations of their employees.
Click here to see if your employer matches your gift
Many of our friends are updating their estate plans. If you would like to support our cause with a charitable bequest, we can help. Please contact us for a copy of our free estate planning guide. We can provide you with our bequest language and estate planning attorney referral list. Please contact us for assistance with creating and updating your plans.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these ideas, please contact us. Please also let us know how we can help you during this time.
To see a list of Pledge Thank-You Gifts - click HERE
For gift questions contact Travis Archibald - (208) 282-5939
Virginia Hall, Gift Processing & Records Management
(208) 282-3470 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We carefully use your donations to ensure quality public radio programming and news are available in Eastern Idaho. When pledging, please take a moment to let us know what you most enjoy about KISU, or let us know what we can do to improve.
Click to see a list of PLEDGE THANK YOU GIFTS
*Please note, thank you gifts may impact the value of your gift receipt and potential tax advantages.