ISU Women's Volleyball: A Season Update
Idaho State volleyball continues its non-conference campaign this week as the Bengals head to the east coast to take on The Citadel and Charleston Southern.
The games will be broadcast on ESPN+ and will have live stats available. Links to media for both games are available below.
Game 1 – The Citadel Tuesday, Sept. 7 | 4:00 PM MDT
Live Stats – https://bit.ly/3h89eIN
Game 2 – Charleston Southern Wednesday, Sept. 8 | 4:00 PM MDT
Live Stats – https://bit.ly/3zRilF5
Video – https://es.pn/3n8MzQK
· Dani Devlin is leading the team with 31 kills on 72 attacks for a .319 hitting %
· Kennedee Tracy continues to lead the team in kills/set early in the season with 2.20/set.
· Tracy broke the 200 kills milestone this weekend at the Bengal invitational and now sits at 206 and is now only 2 digs away from 200.
· ASSIST Battle - Bengal Newcomer Aliyah Sopoaga and Veteran Andri Dewey are battling to record the most assists. Aliyah so far just edging out Dewey with a 5.80 A/s record compared to Dewey’s 3.36 A/s
· New Kid on the Block - Jamie Streit is averaging a .83 Block per set record early in the season.
· Streit is leading the team in points with 3.50 points per set and Sadie Bluth and Kennedee Tracy are following just behind at 2.50 points per set.
This will be the first time that Idaho State has faced off against both The Citadel and Charleston Southern.
Vs. The Citadel
Tuesday’s match against The Citadel will be the first match that the Bulldogs will play in this year. The Bulldog’s previous five matches have been canceled due to COVID-19 protocols.
Vs Charleston Southern
· The Buccaneers are 1-4 on the season with their lone win being a five-set victory against Jacksonville University.
· CSU is averaging 9.9 kills per set with a .132 attack percentage.
· Rachel Feggeler is leading the team with 2.88 kills per set.
Previous Match vs St. Thomas
Idaho State volleyball took down St. Thomas 3-1 (28-26, 19-25, 25-23, 25-9) in four sets Saturday in San Antonio.
25 points was not enough to decide the first set as the Bengals took down the Tommies 28-26. The Orange and Black hit .222 in the set.
St. Thomas came back in the second set and just edged out the Bengals 25-19.
The Bengals responded in the third taking the set 25-23.
The Orange and Black was not going to let it go to a fifth set. In dominant fashion, the Bengals hit .394 in the fourth set and blew out the Tommies 25-9.
There were 20 ties throughout the game, 12 of which came in the first half.
Danielle Devlin led the team in attack percentage finishing the game at .333 percent.
The two squads tied in the battle at the net with both squads coming away with four blocks each.
Driskell also led the team with four service aces.