ISU Women's Volleyball
Volleyball Returns Home Friday for Match with Weber State
Written by Jon Match
POCATELLO, Idaho – The conference-leading Idaho State Bengals return home to Reed Gym to face off against the Weber State Wildcats Friday evening in Reed Gym, first serve is set for 7:00 PM.
Live Stats will be provided for the match along with a video broadcast on ESPN+ and a radio broadcast will be available on KISU (91.1 FM).
· Sadie Bluth leads the Bengals in kills this season with 201 averaging 3.24/set. This ranks her 7th in the conference.
· Asiah Sopoaga ranks 3rd in the Big Sky Standings in digs this season. The Bengal sophomore has grabbed 204 on the season averaging 3.92/set.
· The Bengals are atop the Big Sky standings in digs with 974 total averaging 15.71/set.
· The Bengals have the 2nd best opponent hitting percentage in the conference, holding opposing teams to .188 percent.
· ISU's win over UNC this past weekend was the first win over the Bears since the 2018 season.
· The Bengals are out-blocking opponents this season averaging 2.1 per set with 53 solo and 160 assists.
· Andri Dewey is now 9th all-time in the ISU record book in Assists (2124) and needs 80 more to pass Sarah Kozlowski for 8th all-time at ISU (2204).
Quick Scout – Weber State
· The Wildcats come into the match with a 7-6 record on the season. After getting swept by Portland State to open Big Sky Play, Weber bounced back to beat NAU 3-1 and take a 1-1 record into the match.
· The Bengals lead the overall series 50-43. At home in Pocatello, ISU holds a 27-17 advantage
· The Wildcats are hitting .218 percent with an average of 12.1 kills per set.
· Weber State excels at the service line with 73 aces so far this season averaging 1.5 aces per set.
· On the net, the Wildcats average 2.6 blocks per set. Emma Mangum and Saane Katoa lead the team with 52 and 50 blocks this season.
· Dani Richins leads the team with 127 kills this season averaging 3.24 kills per set.
After this weekend, the Bengals head north to take on Idaho in an ICCU Battle of the Domes matchup. Then They head east to take on the Eagles of Eastern Washington.
Follow the Bengals
Follow along on isubengals.com to keep up to date with the team. You can also follow along on social media (Facebook:@IdahoStateVB Twitter:@IdahoStateVB and Instagram: @IdahoStateVB )